Thursday, April 16, 2009

Punk Planet Magazine Back Cover Advertisement


This is a full page print ad I made for Punk Planet in 1998. I don't recall what the drawing is supposed to mean or how it exactly relates to the quote by Louis Armstrong. This was an attempt of mine to create a style of ads for Lookout that were unique - illustrating a quote from someone notable in what I hoped would be a fresh or funny approach. Another Punk Planet ad I did can be found here and here are some paintings that were done for this ad series. I'll work on tracking down the actual finished designs and posting them soon.

3 comments:

Kev said...

I was always a big fan of all the lookout/pp back covers. Unfortunately a lot of my lookout posters have disappeared/been damaged over the years...i always remember the early 1996 poster with the discog sleeves on the front.Classic

Christopher Appelgren said...

I am planning on digging out and scanning / photographing some of my favorite Lookout Records posters. The label is in the process of putting together some new vinyl reissues so I've had the chance to dig through a lot of old label-related stuff. Hoping to do some major posting soon.

Kev said...

VINYL REISSUES!!! now that is exciting to hear!!